My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Thursday, November 24, 2005

I'm Stuffed!

Hope you had a happy Thanksgiving. To be honest, I have never fully got into the Thanksgiving thing - I guess it was never part of my life while I lived in the auld country. Some of the best Thanksgivings I've had in the States have been times when we have fed the homeless and underprivileged, but unfortunately that wasn't possible this year as our Youth Shack - home of last year's celebration - is temporarily out of service until we resolve a mould problem.

But it's been a good day here in sunny Florida. Slept late, watched football, went to friends' club for dinner (no preparation and no cleaning up) and then over to some other friends for dessert.

It has been a restful day - a real holiday. Traveling back home tomorrow to finish getting ready for the weekend. Sunday will be a good day. We will have a large group of visitors as Tony Balsamo (who is launching a new church out of Grace Gospel in North Patchogue next Easter) is bringing his whole core team on Sunday morning for them to check out how we do church. So come early, be nice to guests and let's see what God will do.

By the way, I lied about being stuffed! I managed to have a discipled day, but that heading got your attention, didn't it?