My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

New Look

For some reason a technically challenged person like me isn't even going to attempt to discover, the posts on the blog format I had been using seem to have slipped down the screen. So rather than make a pig's ear of trying to fix it, I have switched to another template.

Heading for Florida in a few hours to spend a couple of days with friends over Thanksgiving - back home on Friday. Due to the miracle of moden science I was able to print our boarding passes yesterday, but there was a slight hitch as they asked how many pieces of checked luggage we would have. I thought that was easy - two people for 2 1/2 days should be one case. However I decided to double-check that with my wife and discovered she planned to take two cases!

I was amazed, but said nothing. I know we are taking some Christmas gifts, but all my stuff would fit into a small bag, so I presumed that she needed a case and a half and that I had better leave it at that. However, this morning reason prevailed (turns out she was anxious about one case being overweight) and we thinned some things out to simplify the journey. So thankfully our luggage will be limited which happens to be just the way I like it!

We thinned out a lot of the junk around our kitchen and den last week ready for the painter. Guess I'm in thinning out mode. That's good for us in life occasionally too. Before we drive ourselves inbsane running around like lunatics, wearing ourselves out in honor of Jesus' birth (I'm sure He appreciates it all!), maybe it would be good to adopt a plan and work through what is really necessary so that Christmas is more enjoyable this year?

Have a new look, slimmed-down holiday season!