My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Later!

Seems we had a good morning. I generally have a good time, so I'm biased, but I did get feedback from a number of folks who made it to worship this morning. Had a good crowd in fact for this last Sunday before Christmas. It's just as well since we won't be having any more Sunday servicea until next year.

Of course, we're doing Saturday evenings at 5.00pm for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve.

Anyway, this week Gill and I celebrate our 36th wedding anniversary - yes, we got married the Saturday before Christmas. We figured all the guests had nothing else to do that time of year!

So you won't read anything from me for the next forty eight hours. We're heading into Manhattan in a couple of hours, having dinner with some old friends and then spending some time there together looking at the lights and generally soaking up the atmosphere of Christmas in the city.

I know I married way above myself - but I'm sure glad I did!

Stories from the big city to follow ...