My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

SWINDOLL'S WORTH READING

I love the four results of getting a good grasp on grace that Charles Swindoll describes in The Grace Awakening Devotional for today. (By the way, our apologies to those who were unable to get a copy on Sunday. We ran out, but will have plenty more this weekend so that everyone can use this 30 day devotional alongside our Sunday messages on Grace over the next few weeks).

Here are the outcomes he describes -

1. You can expect to gain a greater appreciation for God's gifts to you and others.

2. You can expect to spend less time and energy critical of and concerned about others' choices.

3. You can expect to become more tolerant and less judgmental.

4. You can expect to take a giant step toward maturity.

Grace is so fundamental to every aspect of our lives that it's not surprising that it's the major issue people get blinded to. To hold them back from grace is to rob them of success and effectiveness.

Sunday we're going to be looking at Taking The Grind Out Of Life as we continue this series under the title Caffeinated Christianity.

Grace is what gives your walk with God a buzz!

Looking forward to being back for that.

WARNING: My teaching style Sunday will be a first - not for traditionalists!!!