My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

73 MINUTES

Okay it wasn't anywhere near the record 28 minutes and change achieved by the winner (who responded to receiving his prize by first pausing to give thanks to God!), but it was good enough for me.

The Cow Harbor Race is now behind us and I appreciate all the encouragement I have received over the past few weeks - I've been grateful for donations to our work with kids in South Africa too.

Our church's team did well. I think I recorded the slowest time, with the best I know of to date being Rich Boes who was under 45 minutes or something obscene like that. Tomorrow we'll start to get the picture of what has been raised through sponsorship, which makes the effort doubly worthwhile.

Long Island's north shore is notoriously hilly around that area, which makes the course one of the toughest 10K circuits on the running calendar. I'm told if I could do this one, I could cope with a half marathon with ease - but that takes some believing and may never be put to the test!!!