My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Sunday, July 01, 2007

WIRED AND TIRED

It has been a long, outstanding day - one of those days when I can't believe that I get the incredible privilege of doing what I do. If I was to put my head on a pillow right now, I'd be snoring within seconds. Definitely no need for Tylenol PM tonight!

But on the other hand I'm still stoked about the day.

We had our Celebration Sunday this morning and it didn't start off too well. The theater manager was 40 minutes late arriving and our set-up team were left waiting in the parking lot instead of getting everything in place. There was all the baptism stuff to set up in addition to the normal overhaul we give the theater every week to make it look like our own place. But we pulled it off and were set up right on time despite the considerable delay.

It was exciting to share with eleven people as they testified to their faith in Jesus by being baptized. That's 60 in the last 15 months, which means we're definitely moving in the right direction.

It has almost become routine to say this, but it's true, the band were outrageous.

Lynn Swart, who visits us at least once a year to mentor our band and do some teaching with worship leaders from neighboring churches too, didn't pick up a guitar at all this morning. She taught instead and did a great job.

Lynn and our own guys got together tonight for Worship On The Water, which we put on at Shore Front Park in Patchogue. It was the first event in the new bandshell, right beside the water and we had a crowd of around 400 people together for a great evening. Met some new folks and expect to see them on Sunday.

Sorry if I'm not too coherent - blame it on fatigue.

Must get to bed - it really was a great day!