My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Monday, July 30, 2007

WOW!

Spent an hour or so in The Regal Cinema today, the place that will become the center of our Sunday activities from August 19th onwards.

I have to say this new location is growing on me more and more. There are small details like the fact that the main theater looks great with the lights on - we wouldn't dare keep the lights up where we are now, they make the place look dire.

Then there are the reclining seats, the stadium-seating arrangement and the huge floorspace at the front.

The kids area is spacious and adjacent to where Worship Central will be and the cafe area is superb.

It's a great place.

I'm looking forward to the 19th and especially to the public launch on September 9th.

We'll use the first three Sundays there to equip ourselves for what God has in store for the fall and to help towards that goal, we're going to start off with a bang. I guarantee you'll see stuff on August 19th you never saw in church before!