My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Monday, July 23, 2007

LAGUARDIA IN THE RAIN

It was getting set for a beautiful and less steamy day in Houston as we watched the sun rise while we were making our way to the airport this morning. As has been my habit all my life, I ensured that we arrived in plenty of time for the 8.55 flight, but I could have saved myself the effort.

Unbeknown to me at that time, it was raining in New York. That meant delays at LaGuardia and planes told to wait in their cities of origin. So we did. We took of well over two hours late, were put into a holding pattern somewhere above Baltimore and ultimately disembarked nearer to 4.00pm than the scheduled 1.30pm.

It was a good weekend. It's great to see someone you knew as an infant grow into a responsible adult. Alistair McIntyre is an outstanding young man and it was a real privilege to officiate at his wedding.

Now it's a case of hitting the ground running.

More about that after a good night's rest!