My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Friday, July 13, 2007

GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS

I have the contract for our new theater and simply need to sign it to firm up on the fact that our 11th location for Sunday worship since our church started 8+ years ago will be The Regal Cinema on Portion Road in Ronkonkoma.

While this moves us out of the Patchogue-Medford area that has been our base since day one, the truth is it is God who directs our steps, so if a slight detour is part of his roadmap, who are we to argue?

I'm excited to see what the new town has in store for us, or maybe I should say, what God has planned for Ronkonkoma.

The negative part of formalising the agreement with Regal is that they have turned down our request to have storage unit at the back of the building for all our equipment. I expected that outcome, so we have started making alternative plans.

We hope to be able to buy a used box truck that would be big enough for all our stuff. But we really have no idea whether everything we need on Sundays will fit into one 26' truck. I guess we'll have to see.

I figure if we get some cool church graphics on the sides of the vehicle, we could park it in different prominent places around the area for a day at a time during the week, like a mobile billboard.

Here's what we're currently considering - http://www.uhaul.com/trucksales/truck_detail.aspx?id=JH4898P&location=802023

This next chapter will definitely be different!