My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Sunday, July 08, 2007

SUNDAY RETROSPECT

Full day - fulfilling day.

+ Started off just before 6.00am with having to clean up the dog - her bowels still aren't right after her surgery three weeks ago. (Bet you needed to know that!)

+ Great crowd at church for a summer Sunday - again. I know a lot of folks who were away this weekend, but the attendance was still very good.

+ Not one of my best teaching mornings, but hopefully I conveyed something of value to some of those that were there.

+ Mets lost badly in Houston. Too many injured pitchers and not enough offensive action.

+ Hot and humid here today - felt good to me.

+ Rob Nelson shared a bit about their work in the Dominican Republic. What they are accomplishing down there is insane - they are superstars. http://www.islandimpact.net/

+ Should have gone to a wedding right after church, but couldn't fit it all in. Today was Lyn Swart's last day with us so we had a prolonged lunch with her instead and chatted about her visit to spend time coaching our worship band. She is a gem!

+ Ran the 5K (3.1 miles) Bellport Clipper Race this evening. It was still stinkin' hot - too hot. My time stunk too, 33 minutes 32 seconds. I blame the heat!!!

+ Was surprised to hear my grandson cheering me on. Didn't know he was going to be there. I love my grandchildren.

+ Enjoyed church. Met a number of new people. I like our folks - Sunday mornings are too short, I'd like to have more time to hang with them.

+ Tired now. Should go to bed, but need to sit up a while to let the dog go for a final trip around the yard as late as possible.

+ Praying tomorrow starts better than today!!!!