My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Friday, July 06, 2007

FULL WEEKEND AHEAD

I'm not too sure what it's like to work Monday to Friday and have the weekend off. Saturday and Sunday are generally busy days for me, which is why I sometimes refer to Mondays as my weekend.

I live for the weekend in a different way than the average working man does!

Sunday is shaping up to be an outstanding morning. Our friend Lyn Swart will be with us again, slotting in as a guest worship leader. She is dynamite and her visits to encourage our band over the past several years are tremendously appreciated.

We'll also have Rob and Kelli Nelson, our missionaries to the Dominican Republic, with us. They've done a great job in establishing Island Impact Ministry down there, bringing spiritual, medical and educational support to people living in dire poverty. I'm looking forward to hearing an update from them and I am sure that the dozens of our folks who have been down there to help will be thrilled to hear from them too.

I'm back up to teach this week - so you see why it will be a full morning.

In planning this summer's schedule, I insisted that our journey through the book of Acts would leave me with chapter 6. Sunday I want to say some things that are relevant to all of us, but that some in particular may need to hear. Misunderstanding this part of the book has left most churches in America upside down and going nowhere. That's why we need to be sure to get it right!

Great Sunday ahead - looking forward to seeing everyone.