My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Monday, July 09, 2007

SLOW START

I'm taking my time getting moving today, partly because I didn't sleep too well. It's amazing how much more it takes out of me when I run on the road than my regular treadmill routine does, so my legs were complaining all night despite the four Ibuprofen I swallowed before going to bed.

I'm taking a morning off the gym, but will get back in there tomorrow.

So instead of exercising, I sat on the patio with a huge mug of coffee and read the paper - a very civilized way to start the day.

Then I ran through some of my friends' blogs, especially the pastors I know, to see how they had got on yesterday. It was good to read that we're not the only ones preparing for a major leap forward.

One of the church planting pastors I respect most, Tony McCollum down in Buford Georgia, announced yesterday that they are going to be leaving the movie theater in the Mall of Georgia that they have been in since they launched five (I think) years ago and heading into a high school next month.

I am amazed at how much Tony has been able to accomplish, despite the serious challenges his theater presents - like being on the third floor of a mall. Imagine shlepping all your stuff up there every Sunday. If they've grown that much in that environment, they'll go through the roof with this move.

Great guy, great church.

And like everything that's living and growing, change is here to stay!