My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

LONGWINDED

This afternoon I had to do a five minute presentation, giving the opening section to a talk for a Weight Watchers group meeting. There were three distinct components that had to be included.

I got off to a great start, seemed to communicate well with my group and was generally having a good time. I had not fully covered the very first element when something happening that totally took me by surprise -

The buzzer went off indicating my total time was up.

I had only covered a third of my material, which while it may have been a total shock to me, probably comes as no great revelation at all to anyone who frequents Church at The Movies on Sunday mornings!!!

The whole thing finishes tomorrow early afternoon. I have to do a 20 minutes talk in the morning - I guess I should underprepare???