My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Sunday, July 15, 2007

TRAFFIC

I cut out of service early today to make my way over to Jersey. Lesaya was in full swing teaching on Acts 7 and doing a great job as I made my exit.

I couldn't help noticing how many cars were in the movie theater parking lot (I never usually see it while things are in progress) and was pleased to see what a good crowd we had again for a Sunday in July. I think these are our best summer attendances ever.

I anticipated my 70 miles trip would be pretty quick because of the light Sunday morning traffic - idiot!

When I hit the Long Island Expressway I realized how stupid it was to be content at all the cars in our parking lot - there were thousands more on the road and all these people were very clearly not in church.

When I hit the Cross Bronx Expressway it got worse and I found myself thinking how much more scope there is and how many more people we need to reach. I'd love to see the roads empty and every parking spot taken in our church and every other one on Long Island.

There's still a long way to go!

Above all, there's still a lot of potential out there.