My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

SITTING

My knees are complaining this morning and it has nothing to do with exercise, in fact it's probably more due to the lack of it, as yesterday I sat for nine hours in the same conference room.

It was good stuff, some of which was pretty basic to anyone who has spent any time communicating to groups of people - but in all honesty, I'm up for anything I can get a hold of that will help improve my teaching skills, so I was all ears.

Met some great people. Laughed a lot.

Ate too much - can you believe that, at a WW leader's training seminar?

Bottom line, being here in itself is fulfilling part of my vision for this involvement - to connect with people who don't know Jesus yet. Have met a couple of Christians too, so that's been cool.
One of them is arranging a Health Expo in Baltimore next month and has asked me to go down and M.C. the event, sharing the story of my journey to health while I'm there. Could be interesting - will have to check my insane calendar.

Another nine hours at a desk ahead - time to go prepare!