My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

SUCCESS

Got back from Jersey this afternoon - I hate driving on the Cross Bronx Expressway! Freaked me out a little when I saw a sign warning the Throggs Neck Bridge was closed due to flooding and drivers should take an alternate.

Might have been nice if they'd suggested one or put up diversion signs to guide us, but they didn't, so I had to think fast how to get out of the Bronx. Not that I have anything against the Bronx of course (half of Suffolk County used to live there!), but it was not in my plans for the afternoon to spend hours going in circles looking for an exit.

Thankfully I spotted a sign for the Triboro Bridge and having used it for some reason on one occasion since we came to live here, it was in the back of my mind that it would take me to the Grand Central Parkway - and it did, past LaGuardia, past Shea and off to hot and humid home territory.

Anyway, looks like I made the grade at the WW training. I got word that I passed the course and will soon be teaching my one class a week, probably as a substitute until a permanent group opens up.

Met some great people at the training - a few Christians, but mainly unchurched.

I hung out with the unchurched crowd, because that's the whole point of this exercise!