My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Saturday, July 28, 2007

FEEDBACK

I love hearing from first time visitors to our church -thankfully those who don't like it generally just don't bother coming back, but those who wnjoy their visit very occasionally tell us about it.

Here's part of an email I got a couple of days ago from someone who was with us very recently -


I went to Church at the Movies two Sundays ago - which was the 15th of July- and I must say, I found it incredibly welcoming. You see, I'm Catholic, so the idea of a service that's not uniform and located in a "church" (much less a movie theater!) was completely alien to me.

I was even joking that I would come to Church at the Movies on Sunday if, and only if I had gone to "real church" the night before, meaning the local Catholic church.

That was all fun and games, but after going to Church at the Movies, I can only begin to describe as real. I mean, the main aspect of this church that stuck out at me was that it is just so alive. The whole atmosphere is great, what with the Bagel Cafe and things like that, and the people there are just incredibly friendly. And that's not to mention the whole "worshipping" part. Since it was such a contrast to what I'm used to in the Catholic church, it totally woke me up and got me into the message.

We deliberatly endeavor to stay focused on doing chruch for the unchurched - and the good news is, it's working!