My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

EVERYTHING IS FINALLY CLEAR

I got an email today telling me that the signed contract for The Regal Cinema had been approved by whoever needed to approve it and we are totally cleared for our transition - which is a good thing considering we only have three more Sundays left at Patchogue UA.

Each of those next Sundays will be special days -

July 29th - Gift Day
An opportunity to sow into the beginning of the next stage of our adventure. We estimate that the new equipment we need, together with our publicity and preparations, will cost in the region of $30,000, which we don't have. So we've invited folks to pray, prepare and invest in the road that's before us as we continue to pursue our vision.

August 5th - Exit Brunch
After service we're having a party - eating food, sharing stories and praising God for all he has done in the past four years. It's hard to imagine we have been in the theater that long, but it was August 2003 we first set up there. The UA has been a good home for us and God has done some amazing things there, but as he moves us on, we're anticipating an even more exciting future.

August 12th - Cleaning Up & Clearing Out
We'll be packing up and moving on at the end of this service. It could be tight finding a place for everything, as our equipment seems to have bred in the storage room the UA provided us with.

Good days ahead.

Life is never boring - nor should it be!