My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Thursday, December 27, 2007

CHRISTMAS RETROSPECT

+ Had breakfast in McDonalds today with the grandchildren. McDonalds is a smart company. They cater for kids and all these adults inevitably show up too.

+ Jonathan and Donna's church did a very good Christmas Eve service. We couldn't get a seat at their 4.00pm service, so went back at 6.00.

+ Christmas Eve was the church's first anniversary of being out of a movie theater and in their own building. It's a great facility, but from what I hear it's a cash monster. I wonder if buildings are over-rated?

+ We had our Christmas dinner one day late as we waited for Charlotte and Jace to be here too. Having family all together is not over-rated.

+ It was great to watch Ben and Emily's faces as they came downstairs on Christmas nmorning and saw all the gifts under the tree.

+ It's cold down here. I was hoping for something better than that. Not as cold as NY I guess!

+ I hear the Giants will field a pretty weak team against the Patriots on Saturday. That should hand New England an unbeaten season on a platter - darn!

+ I fly home tomorrow. The week has gone quickly - too quickly.

+ Got some good clothes for Christmas. It's always safe when your kids pick your clothes for you.

+ I ordered coffee in McDonalds and the guy behind the counter asked, "Is that a senior's coffee, sir?" I politely pointed out that would be a regular coffee. I'd rather pay 50c more and preserve my dignity than take a drink he thought I looked like I qualify for, but I maintain I don't deserve for a few more years.