My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

CHRISTMAS IS GETTING CLOSE

+ I'm working on the graphics to go with my message this Sunday and have decided to give our professionals the day off in favor of continuing the tradition of my own stick men drawings that I started last year.

+ Had our staff Christmas lunch at the new JR's Steakhouse in Medford today. I really didn't want grilled chicken and brocolli, but I felt it might be wise in light of next week's impending foodfest.

+ Picked up a ton of toys from my friend Charlie Russo from Christmas Magic yesterday afternoon. Must have been several thousands of dollars worth and we'll be distributing them to our Grace Care Food Pantry families this week.

+ The Celebrate Recovery Christmas Party last night was a very good time. I could hardly believe the crowd. CR is intended for people with hurts, hangups and habits and it seems like God is sending us a lot of those folks. They're a great bunch!

+ Carrie is doing a magnificent job with CR. Her passion for hurting people has been the key to this ministry's explosive growth. She's even got stuff in place for Christmas Day, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day, which are all potentially trigger days for folks with life controlling issues.

+ I'm sick of hearing Happy Holidays - did I say that already?

+ Looking forward to Sunday. It's a good job we're doing two services as I've heard about quite a number of people bringing friends and family.

+ We have a ridiculous amount of gifts accumulating under our tree. This evening I have to do a bit of shopping myself - the first Christmas shopping I've done and hopefully the last. My good wife takes care of absolutely everything. Not that shopping is a hardship to her!

+ Sunday evening we fly to Dallas. Christmas in Texas will be a novelty. Charlotte and Jace join us on the 26th, so we'll all be together, which is the best thing I could ever get for Christmas. I like my family.