My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Thursday, December 13, 2007

HOLD EVERYTHING

Nobody move!

Undeck the halls with bows of holly; delete your list and don't bother checking it even once; stop dreaming of a white Christmas.

There is a significant Christmas crisis in the Blackmore family that could mark the end of life as we know it.

Christmas is over - my cassette is broken.

Yes folks, I said cassette, the album released 22 years ago with the creative title The Christmas Tape broke yet again while I was playing it in the car this morning and I doubt if it can be repaired.

It contains classics like -

Band Aid : "Do They Know It's Christmas?"
Roy Wood with Wizzard : "I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday"
Slade : "Merry Xmas Everybody"
Wham! : "Last Christmas"
Elton John : "Step Into Christmas"
Mike Oldfield : "In Dulce Jubilo"
Gary Glitter : "Another Rock N' Roll Christmas"
Paul McCartney : "Wonderful Christmastime"
Shakin' Stevens : "Blue Christmas"
Chris de Burgh : "A Spaceman Came Travelling"
Jona Lewie : "Stop The Cavalry"
The Beach Boys : "Little Saint Nick"
Queen : "Thank God It's Christmas"
Mud : "Lonely This Christmas"
Johnny Mathis : "When a Child is Born (Soleado)"
Bing Crosby : "White Christmas"

You can't buy this anywhere, it's irreplacable. It's been part of my Christmas for more than two decades.

Cancel Santa folks - it's over!