My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Sunday, December 16, 2007

PARDON ME WHILE I BRAG

This weekend I planned a quick 24 hour trip to Church at The Falls in Niagara Falls, Canada to spend some time with the folks there and the pastor who is planting this young church Brandon Duff - as it is, I'm still up there, snowed in, when I should be boarding a plane back to JFK.

It seems the storm that is still hitting this area dumped snow on Long Island during the night and then switched over to torrential rain, leaving a slushy, very wet start to Sunday back at Church at The Movies.

I was thinking it was a good job we had left our equipment truck in the movie theater parking lot for the week, about three hundred yards from the building. But maybe it wasn't.

I was talking to Charlotte on the phone this morning as she was pulling into the parking lot and she reported the truck was still where we left it, rather than in the process of being unloaded.

Turns out it had died - to be revived again later I am happy to report.

So here's who I'm bragging about.

In that downpour, our set-up guys and some ladies too offloaded every piece of equipment and pushed or carried it through the snowy, icey mess over to the theater entrance.

They must have been soaked to the skin and freezing cold, but they did it because in their minds what happens on Sundays is worth even that degree of sacrifice.

I am humbled to pastor people like this. I hope I am worthy of them.