My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Thursday, December 13, 2007

SAVING CHRISTMAS

I am humbled at the international effort that is under way to save Christmas for me following the premature demise of my cassette, The Christmas Tape, at the tender age of 22.

+ One blog reader found it for me on Amazon.UK at a pretty ourrageous price, but she advised that since this was so important to me, I should go for it. I tried - they don't ship to the U.S. Thanks for trying Linda.

+ There was an almost immediate response from Oklahoma (thanks Danny) informing me most of the songs could be downloaded from iTunes. Several others passed on this information to me, including my son whose brief message could have been reduced to two words, iTunes, duh! Let me say in my own defense here that someone born in an era when one computer filled a whole room and who even owns a cassette of anything does not have a mind that immediately thinks - iTunes, so I do appreciate that nudge, though not the sarcasm from Texas!

+ Then this evening an unexpected superhero emerged in the shape of an old friend from Scotland, Pete Campbell, a great guy who was part of our church in Scotland for a while when taking a break from pastoring himself. Pete emailed me that he has a music buff for a son-in-law and that he will send me mp3's of all the songs.

Christmas has been saved!

I love it - help from all corners (except Dallas)!

The Christmas spirit lives on!

Santa is alive and well ... or something!