My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Monday, December 17, 2007

MADE IT!

So here I am, relaxing in my chair-and-a-half in my own den and watching ESPN's pre-game show, leading up to tonight's encounter between the Bears and the Vikings.

Traveling home today was pretty straightforward and one big plus from the extended stay in Canada was that I got to spend some more time with Brandon. There was also the fact that I found a shop selling British-style meat pies and brought some home to enjoy over Christmas (calories don't count from December 20th to 26th).

While I have ventured north of the border on five or six previous occasions, none of those has been in summer. Somehow I've only ever been in Canada when it's cold and there's snow on the ground. I hear it rumored that the sun does shine up there and the temperature soars above freezing on rare occasions.

I guess the fact that I haven't experienced that doesn't mean it's not true - it's just hard to believe!!!