My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Saturday, December 22, 2007

GIVING

I was right!

I had more fun going out with our moboile soup kitchen this afternoon than I had sitting watching a very mediocre Christman presentation in Madison Square Garden on Thursday night.

We served a hot dinner to almost 40 guys in five different locations in Patchogue, some in rooming houses and others in sober houses. We also gave them pantry bags with some delicious goodies and everyone got two personalized bags full of Christmas gifts.

The men were so appreciative and especially those for whom what we shared was going to be their total quota of Christmas presents as they receive nothing from anyone else.

What a privilege to be able to do that!