My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

BALMY NORTH EAST

Am I glad we don't live further south, like in Georgia where several of my friends have already cancelled service tomorrow because of severe weather down there.

Wimps!

Just kidding. It's never smart to expect your folks to put themselves in harm's way to get to church. No one is going to seriously lose their relationship with God because they were compelled to sleep late and watch Creflo Dollar on the TV. Although on second thoughts ....

But it's not so much living in the south (which I wouldn't want to do) that's on my mind this evening, as much as having to cancel service. We've had to do that a number of times, at least once every winter, but I'm glad we don't have to do that tomorrow.

Tomorrow is a key day in the life of our church. It really maps out where we're going from here. It's a day for our congregation as a whole to rise up and prepare to move to the next level or stay where they are and head for stagnation.

I have every confidence that the former will happen, but I am still approaching the day with a little apprehension.

Huge morning ahead.

I love this!