My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

FRIENDS

I read a lot nowadays about pastors feeling lonely and isolated, guys with no one to talk to who understands their world and who have been known to flip out, or burn out at least.

I hear all this and I come to the conclusion that I am just plain spoiled.

I was thinking of listing some of my friends in ministry that I interact with, but I wouldn't know where to start and would certainly tick some of them off because they didn't appear as high on the list as they thought they should or because I forgot them altogether. Some of them have real insecurity issues!!!!

Here's the deal -

Pastoring is a unique calling.

A ton of people can encourage you - and thankfully they do.

Everyone can offer their opinion - and unfortunately some of them do.

But only those who walk the same road have the faintest idea of what it is like to do what we do.

So here's to my friends - I thank God for you all.

And here's an old proverb for those that may be lonely - He who would have friends must show himself friendly.