My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Monday, January 21, 2008

MONDAY ROUND UP

Martin Luther King Day wasn't a holiday here, plenty of odds and ends going on -

+ Started the day with a good workout - ran 7.1 miles and then did 1.5 miles on the elyptical.

+ Stopped by WW with Gill on our way to a doctor's visit to try to sort out the issues that have been plaguing her this past couple of weeks. More tests scheduled!

+ Al is marginally improved today. Still in a very serious condition, but very slightly better. Please keep praying.

+ It was cold today.

+ Tony Dungy has decided to coach the Colts for at least one more season - let's hope they win the big one next year, which might well be Dungy's last.

+ Straightened up the storage room in the basement this afternoon. Our offices are down there and we accumulate a heck of a lot of stuff from books to cafe supplies to old cassettes, seasonal decorations and used banners. It was a mess.

+ There's no way the Patriots wanted to face the Giants in the Super Bowl. A New York victory would be a great end to the season.

+ Saw The Bucket List tonight. The fictional characters in the movie did two things that are on my list - driving a very fast car and visiting the Taj. The Taj is the most beautiful place I have ever seen.

+ Trying to plan some vacation time this summer before my calendar fills up with other stuff. At this time of year the thought of sunshine is very attractive.

+ Finally finished John Grisham's book Playing for Pizza - lightweight, but a good story.