My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

IMPRESSIVE

So last night after dinner, one of the guys says he knows a place to get coffee and dessert and we set off following him (there were eleven of us!). Three hours plus later, that place - if it ever existed - and most others were closed, but we had done a walking tour of DC and my feet still know it. I wish I'd gone to dinner in my sneakers!

This really is quite some city. I haven't been here for years and while the White House was interesting, there was nothing like the sense of history there that we felt at the Lincoln Memorial or walking around the World War Two Memorial. There's some impressive stuff here.

Being with the guys was good too. If, like my mother used to, you want to know what reprobates I'm hanging with, check them out. Here they are, in no particular order!

Gary Lamb - www.ridgestonechurch.com
Tony Mcollum - www.millcreekcc.com
Greg Rohlinger - www.palmvalley.org
Ross Wiseman - www.embassymetro.org

Greg brought a bunch of his staff with him too from sunny Arizona - these are a great group of guys.

By the way, I did list them in alphabetical order in the end - some of them have issues!