My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Saturday, December 29, 2007

LATE NIGHT

I go to bed early on Saturdays because I like to have a full night's rest before a Sunday morning, which after all is the high point we are working towards every week. But of course there are unavoidable exceptions to that rule - like when the Giants are playing the Patriots and endeavoring to halt the New Englanders' run towards a perfect season.

Now, I'm a former 49ers fan who switched to supporting the Colts two years ago. I'm no great fan of either of the so-called "New York" teams. Sorry, but I just can't get my head round the fact that both the Giants and the Jets play in Jersey and have opted to continue that practice with the construction of a new stadium over there.

So whatever anyone else says, as far as I's concerned they're New Jersey teams.

Anyway, the Jets stink and I reckon the Giants are over-rated.

But this evening I'm willing to set all my bias aside and I hope against hope that Eli Manning and Co will continue to kick the Patriots' butts and serve them a giant slice of humble pie.

Great first half - I can't go to bed now at half time, can I?