My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Sunday, December 30, 2007

SUNDAY REVIEW

+ Had a good time in church today. It's always refreshing to get the chance to sit and listen to someone else teach, especially when it's Lesaya's father Ivan Vorster, who's a guy with years of experience in ministry and in life and who always has something worthwhile to say.

+ Seems the cab of our truck was broken into during the week, so I guess we won't be parking it beside the theater any more. Pity! Thankfully nothing significant was stolen.

+ Before service I chatted with a great couple who have been with us for several weeks now. Seems they're visiting from another church and are not sure where they should be. I didn't try to influence them, but I do understand their quandry as it seems the church they've been in for years is now in a building project and suddenly it's all about the building. I'll stay portable the rest of my life before I let bricks and mortar take priority over unchurched people.

+ Had a call after church to say someone who was with us for a number of years had died in very sad circumstances. I visited the family this afternoon and while I don't intend to go into detail here, please pray for this grieving household.

+ Crazy lines in Kohls today. I visited three of their stores. There was a jacket I like on sale in the first store, but they didn't have it in my size and neither did the other two branches. One store left to try - will hit that tomorrow.

+ It's very quiet here - home alone. Sounds like the gang are having a good time down in Dallas, especially as it got into the 60's there today.

+ Someone asked me if I had any thoughts of relocating to Texas. Good question! No chance! Here's the deal - I reckon God got it dead right (He's currently batting 1,000!) when he guided us to Long Island. I feel so at home here. I really do love this place. To my mind it's a perfect fit - others may have different opinions!!!

+ Startes reading John Grisham's Playing For Pizza on the way home here on Friday. It's a good read.

+ Our attorneys have advised me that the new town board will definitely be reversing the iniquitous code changes enacted in 2005 to stop us building. The first meeting with the new board will be next week and I'll be there. They know me up there now and I'll be working hard to make sure they remember who I am and who I represent.