My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Sunday, January 07, 2007

MISSING CM


I love our church and to be honest I haven't always been able to say that throughout 36+ years of pastoring. I have spent time in situations where I would wake up Sunday mornings and wish it was lunch time already so I didn't have to face church.

But Church At The Movies is something very different and very special. We have some of the greatest people on earth and I love getting together with them and working with them to see people come to Jesus.

While I don't have the unbroken attendance record of our 85 year old greeter Dan Ricci, I don't miss a Sunday without good cause and I am seldom away two weekends in a row. I guess that's why this second Sunday in Scotland is making me think even more about everyone who'll be at Patchogue UA movie theater this morning.

Last year I was in India for two Sundays, visiting other theater churches to steal ideas on two Sundays, preaching to a church plant's core group prior to their public launch on one Sunday and I was over here on vacation for the last Sunday of the year.

But when I'm not with our folks I really wish I was!

I know that the church functions full well without me - we have a great pastoral team. This isn't about me being the pastor, it's just about being part of the greatest church I've known.

I love it. I miss it. I wish I was there.

Nuff said!