My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Countdown

Just counting the hours to our Christmas Eve service and waiting to see how it all comes together. I love doing things that are different, as some of you may have noticed! - I don't know if it's an ADD kind of thing or just the way I'm wired, but doing the same old month after month would drive me nuts.

So I'm excited that this afternoon we can do our first real Christmas Eve outreach service in the past seven years. We did do one a few years ago, but had it right in the middle of the evening, which was right in the middle of most people's family get-togethers, which meant most people didn't come. I think 5.00 to 6.00 is going to work well and we are getting calls in the office asking for information, so I'm expecting a lot of guests.

They say that 30% of Americans cannot make a Sunday morning service because of their schedules, so once we get a place where we have more flexibility it would make sense to add a Saturday evening service to our program in an effort to reach that 30%. Meanwhile we're going with Saturday this weekend and next and then next year we'll go back to Sunday mornings!

Don't know about Santa making his list and checking it twice, I'm doing that with mine this morning. Have food in the oven (I always cook Christmas dinner) already, then off to supermarket, have to pick up a new shirt too, make a few phone calls, do some more cooking and then head out to help set up theater for Narnia walk-through.

I love Christmas and it's almost here!