My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Happy New Year

It was good to hear that our New Years Eve service went so well this evening, while I was at another Grace Church several hundred miles away in Carmel, Indiana.

Now you might well ask what I am doing in chilly Indiana instead of taking my place among the revelling crowd in Times Square and the answer is quite simple. I have a number of very good friends scattered around the globe, most of whom I do not get to see anywhere near often enough.

Doug and Fiona McIntyre have been part of our lives for over 20 years now, but our schedules have made it impossible for us to get together for over a year now. They moved to Carmel, just outside of Indianapolis earlier this year and after several abortive attempts at synchronizing our calendars, a few months ago we decided to get together for New Years.

It is a great thing to have such a strong team at the real Grace Church, that things don't miss a beat if I'm not there and it is an important thing to treasure meaningful relationships and to maintain special friendships.

Throw into the mix the fact that Doug has a whole suite at the Colts' game tomorrow and you have the ingredients for a good weekend!

So from distant Indy, Gill and I send our love and wishes for a blessed 2006 to all who venture onto the pages of this blog and especially to our church family.