My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Shop Till You Drop

Okay, I've dropped - that was all the shopping I could take for one day!
Don't get anxious, I wasn't out with Gill looking around the post-Christmas bargains - we decided several years ago that her and I together rushing from Marshalls to T.J.Max to Target and every other store between Lake Grove and Coram, was a recipe for disaster.

Today my son took me shopping. I think it was the designer in him that caused him to have a seizure at the very sight of my wardrobe. So he decided to personally guide me into the 21st century and also to find me some new clothes that actually fit.

I must admit that it's a novelty to be able to walk around a store and make choices. For years it has been a case of simply asking, Do you have anything in 3X? and then accepting whatever - if anything - was in stock.

It was good to spend some time with Jonathan and also to get his input - in several stores we saw clothes that he himself had designed.

But enough is enough. I can only take so much shopping, so this had better keep me going for quite some time! I wonder if anyone will notice the Extreme Makeover - Rog Edition!!!