My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Saturday, December 24, 2005

New Traditions

We're one of the most non-traditional churches that I know in Suffolk County. If someone is pushing the envelope more than us, let me know and I'll work on tweaking something to keep us ahead of the game.

But I think we started a new tradition this evening - an early Christmas Eve service. What a great crowd - what a great service!

Frank Summers did a good job of creating Narnia and Lesaya and her team made sure that everyone came into service with hot chocolate. The music was outstanding - how about Peter Majeed on the sax tonight???

Here's what I'm still stoked about - no chance of me sleeping for hours folks, I'm wired - a ton of our folks couldn't make it because of family gatherings, etc, but there were still more people in service than we get on an average Sunday morning. That means we had a ton of guests. That means old Rog is happy, coz as we all know, this is not about us - it's about reaching new people and seeing them come into a relationship with Jesus. Great night.

After service Gill and I took some friends out for dinner. They've all started to attend Grace Church through our Saturday afternoon outreach and they live in rooming houses and sober houses around Patchogue. It was fun to have dinner with them. They were good company and they certainly enjoyed eating in a restaurant for a change. Great night - whoops I said that already.

I'm stoked - said that already too. Time to go wrap some gifts - this is an outstanding Christmas already!

I don't plan to be here blogging tomorrow, so have a wonderful blog-free Christmas. Stay off your computer and give your day to real people!!!