My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Monday, December 26, 2005

Would You Believe It?

So that was Christmas! It was glorious chaos at the Blackmore residence, with all our family here, including a five year old, four year old and an eighteen months old gorgeous little girl who can have whatever she wants from her grandfather any time!

Here's the incredible bit. I went to Weightwatchers this morning, as is my Monday morning norm, and discovered that I had gained an amazing 11.8 pounds over the past two weeks. (I missed last Monday as Gill and I were in manhattan for our anniversary)

Isn't that amazing? I'm not alarmed as today I'm back on track, but that's just a cookie here, a brownie there and all-I-could-eat both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I promised myself that slight aberration - let's be real, I'm not going to starve over Christmas - as it was the only major deviation from my diet plan this year. I was good on my birthday, July 4th, Thanksgiving and whatever other tempting occasions fell in between those, but I let myself go for Christmas. Hey, it isn't as if I don't like good food anymore, I have just made some choices.

One of those is that since I enjoy life, I want to live it to the full, free from the burden of excess weight or obesity-related disease.

So, it's back to 28 points a day today and I'm happy with that.

It's easy to have a major setback, but it's getting back on track again that matters.